Cocktail hour & dinner music - Just like the pre-ceremony music, let your DJ or band know the style that you prefer to be played during these times. They will most likely have wonderful suggestions for you.
Wedding party reception entrance - Some couples, along with their wedding party, enter the reception to the same song they left the ceremony to, or you can choose something completely different. This is a great place to set the tone for the entire reception.
- Shut Up and Dance - Walk the Moon
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours - Stevie Wonder
- Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson (ft Bruno Mars)
- Happy - Pharell Williams
First Dance - Your first dance together as man and wife is a beautiful moment, plus a romantic photo opportunity. If you don't have a special song as a couple already, start listening to the radio or researching love songs online. Once you start paying attention, you are sure to hear the words that sound as if they were written just for the two of you.
- At Last - Etta James
- It Had To Be You - Frank Sinatra
- Lucky - Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat
- May I Have This Dance - Scott Krippayne
Father/daughter dance - A sentimental song is sure to make everyone in the crowd tear up at this time. If you and dad have a goofy side, play something upbeat and surprise your guests.
- Butterfly Kisses - Bob Carlisle
- I Loved Her First - Heartland
- Tiny Dancer - Elton John
Mother/son dance - Just like with the father/daughter dance, go with something that fits the personality of the two of you.
- Through The Years - Kenny Rogers
- My Wish - Rascal Flatts
- Have I Told You Lately - Rod Stewart
Anniversary dance - This is a special time when you ask all of the married couples at the reception to join you on the dance floor. A minute or so into the song, make the announcement, "If you have been married for 5 years or less, please have a seat." Periodically increase the number of years and continue having couples sit down until the one that has been married the longest is the last couple standing. A wonderful way to honor marriage! Some choose to give the final couple the bridal bouquet or some other type of prize.
- Still Crazy After All These Years - Paul Simon
- You're Still the One - Shania Twain
- As Time Goes By - Billie Holiday
Bouquet toss - You will want a song that is lively and fun to get all of the single girls out there, fighting for a chance to catch the bridal bouquet.
- Single Ladies - Beyonce
- Girls Just Want To Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
- Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Pat Benatar
Garter toss - The single men may need a little more coaxing than the ladies, so pick an irresistible tune for this one.
- Another One Bites the Dust - Queen
- Legs - ZZ Top
- Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins
Cake cutting - A song here is only necessary if you will be making a big production out of cutting the cake. If you are simply cutting it and moving on to the next portion of the wedding, there really isn't a lot of time to hear a song.
- How Sweet It Is - Marvin Gaye
- Sugar Sugar - The Archies
- Sweetest Thing - U2
The last song of the night - This one isn't always thought about, but the final song will wrap the entire celebration up and cue your remaining guests that it was fun, but it's time to go home.
- Save The Last Dance For Me - Michael Buble
- Closing Time - Semisonic
- I've Had The Time Of My Life - Bill Medley, Jennifer Warnes
- Last Dance - Donna Summer
There you have it. All of the music that you will need to choose for your Knoxville wedding ceremony and reception should be covered. Music is a marvelous way to inspire people to feel a certain way, and it's great for getting them out of their seats and onto the dance floor having the time of their life. This is a wedding planning decision that you can really have fun with, and Country Jewell has plenty of room for you to dance the night away in celebration.
A delightfully quaint Knoxville wedding
& event venue.
6550 Hickory Valley Road
Heiskell, TN 37754
Visit our website: www.CountryJewell.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on LinkedIn
Follow us on Google+